Dominion Ridge provides an environment in which preschool students can develop spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally, and socially through age-appropriate activities.
Positive and supportive relationships are crucial during the earliest years for healthy emotional development, cognitive development, and social attachment. Dominion Ridge believes that play is a key vehicle for discovery and growth. The preschool program emphasizes developing healthy relationships and consideration and respect for others.
The curriculum for Dominion Ridge Preschool focuses on gross motor skills, fine motor skills, attention span development, self-reliance and confidence, social abilities, self and environmental awareness, ability to follow instructions, work independently, and academic skills that prepare the student for the classically-based academics of kindergarten and a lifelong love for learning.
Colors, shapes and body parts
readiness skills for preparation to become readers
Fine Motor Skills
- Writing with proper pencil grip
- Painting and coloring
- Using scissors and glue
Gross Motor Skills
- Following directions, taking turns, standing in line, transitioning
- Learning to listen to stories and answer questions
- Speaking clearly and expanding vocabulary
- Bible is taught daily, using examples of Biblical truths and character traits that are age-appropriate, through reading, video, acting, and other formats.
- Bible is integrated throughout the day in all activities and lessons
Field trips are a major part of the Dominion Ridge Preschool program and include trips to a pumpkin patch and other locations linked to curriculum units and themes.
- Christmas and End of Year programs
- Thanksgiving Feast
- Grandparent’s Day
- K4 Graduation